Method research at the Orand Research Center is based on experimentation. Objectives include developing new technologies and providing ad-hoc solutions to the needs of society. Orand S.A. is a Chilean company that solves problems with innovative software writing, focusing on research in computing sciences. This company takes up tasks that involve high quality software engineering as well as applied research on informatics.
Our team of internal researchers specializes in different areas of the discipline:
- Data security
- Pattern recognition, and data transmission networks
- usability, mobile devices and distributed collaborative systems
- Semantic web
- Machine learning, automatic XML markup
- Video copy detection
Since our Research Center received CONICYT approval, students returning home with PhDs from abroad –obtained through “Becas Chile” (Chile scholarships).
If are soon returning to Chile after studying abroad and you are passionate about Computer Science Research, Orand encourages you to apply to the CONICYT Attraction and Integration Program for Advanced Human Capital (PAI) (Programa Atracción e Inserción de Capital Humano Avanzado (PAI) de CONICYT). Here’s your opportunity to join the work world, at our firm, and to continue doing research. This program’s objective is to enhance the academic, scientific, and technological skills of national institutions where science and technology are developed by attracting top international researchers and employing highly-skilled professionals both in the academic world and the domestic productive sector.
- Paper “Adaptive Coding of Actions and Observations” by Pedro Ortega accepted in NIPS Workshop on Information in Perception and Action, 2012.
- Paper “A Nonparametric Conjugate Prior Distribution for the Maximizing Argument of Noisy Function” of Pedro Ortega accepted at the conference Neural Information Processing Systems The (NIPS) 2012.
- Orand participate in the Digital Video Journey workshop organized by the Department of Science Computação da da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Orand sponsors LATINCRYPT 2012: Looking to promote research in mathematical techniques and algorithms to design secure systems, held the Second International Conference on Cryptography bringing together world experts in the study of the subject.
- Benjamin Bustos, KDW+PRISMAGroup Research Director, University of Chile Computer Sciences Department (DCC, University of Chile):“Research is somewhat unpredictable. Orand has understood that many research projects currently under development will have an application some time in the future. This is the right vision, and this is why our partnership has worked out so well” . More…
- ORAND Researchers collaborate on project Fondef “Observatorios Escalables de la Web en Tiempo-Real”.
- Orand develops research projects jointly with the Fondo de Fomento al Desarrollo Científico y Tecnológico, (Fondef) (Scientific and Technological Development Promotion Fund) of the University of Chile.
We have reached important agreements of cooperation as a Private Research Center with universities and with other research centers, developing projects and tangible solutions and building bridges between the academic world and industry. University of Chile, KDW+PRISMA group, Computer Sciences Department (DCC)
- Method definition for name verification on banking documents
- Check endorsement verification
- Ultraviolet ink check pattern analysis
- Collaboration in Fondef and Orand Web Observatory
- Scientific and Technological Development Promotion Fund (Fondef)
- Web Observatory
Encouragement Fund for Scientific and Technological Development (Fondef)